Friday, April 15, 2005

Meeting the neighbors

I'm a bit slow, so I just now figured out why I was getting some many referrals to Church Man from Cal Williams' Blog. The reason is that Cal is also a member of the Blogging Episcopalians (list) webring. When visitors to Cal click next Blogging Episcopalian they end up here. If you visit Church Man (#85) and click previous Blogging Episcopalian you end up at Cal Williams' (#84).

I'd spent some time trying to figure out why people who visited Cal's, then visited me. It explains a lot that these are essentially random visits, conditional on having arrived at Cal's to begin with, and conditional on Cal taking now active role in selecting his neighbor on the next button.

Cal describes his blog thusly: "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight. Prov. 3:5-6."

Greetings, Cal. "Today is the day the Lord hath made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it."

Next in the ring after Church Man is Robert Whalley (#86) who describes himself thusly: "formerly from California ... surprised and happy to be a university chaplain in Melbourne, Australia."

Greetings, Robert. I find myself surprised and happy to be a university professor in Sharjah, United Arab Emirates.

Moving into a new neighborhood is always unsettling. I trust my neighbors and I will get along just fine. Thus far there are 87 blogs in the neighborhood. It will take me a while to visit them all.

No comments: