The Standing Committee of the Diocese of Southern Ohio on July 10 announced the nominees for the ninth bishop of Southern Ohio. . . .
The nominees are:
• The Rev. Thomas Edward Breidenthal, Dean of Religious Life and of the Chapel, Princeton University
• The Rev. Robert Glenn Certain, rector, St. Margaret's Episcopal Church, Palm Desert, California
• The Rev. Susan E. Goff, rector, St. Christopher's Episcopal Church, Springfield, Virginia
• The Rev. John F. Koepke III, rector, St. Paul's Episcopal Church, Dayton, Ohio
• The Rev. James B. Lemler, Director of Mission, The Episcopal Church, New York, New York
These priests join an additional nominee, the Rev. Canon George Hill, rector of St. Barnabas, Montgomery, Ohio. Hill was nominated by petition in 2005.
Susan E. Goff: "The commandment of God and the old traditions are not the same, Jesus said."